3.25.2009

The TOOTH FAIRY is coming to town

This happy little face and the TOOTH in hand are no indication of the drama that led to this moment, and the one less than a week later.

If you were to drive by our house, or have the unfortunate opportunity to live near us, (and be home...which our neighbors were not)you would have called the police.

You might have heard screams of terror and pain coming from the bathroom that sounded as though someone were being stabbed to death.

The truth would have been less traumatizing and much less exciting to behold.

The truth was, the tooth fairy was coming to town AGAIN!

Last week, Sorenna's two front teeth became loose and one started to become painful during meals. She spent time wiggling them and was very excited about the chance for the tooth fairy to leave her money.

This excitement went away soon after because the pain was more than she had hoped.
She refused to wiggle the teeth and stopped eating because it hurt to much.
The only way to help her was to get the tooth out.
The first one was accidentally knocked out by her sisters while dancing. One good whack in the mouth and it fell right out.
Unfortunately, the next week another good pop in the mouth made the tooth, that wasn't as ready to come out, very loose.
This is where the story gets ugly.

Sorenna refused to touch it, but it was painful to look at and keeping her from talking, eating and at times drinking. This one was hanging on tight in one spot and made her very upset.
After listening to the whines of pain all day, I decided to do anything I could to get it out before bedtime.
I took her in the bathroom and made her look at how loose it was, and the fact that it could come out with little effort.
I laced dental floss where it was not attached and it was a very small space that she needed to break to get it out.
She went weak at the knees just holding the floss.

I tried to PAY her to yank the string in her mouth. She was thinking about it until she pulled and it was too much pain for her to do to herself.

This is the girl who quickly recovers from running full-out into a pillar, but this tooth was not coming out.

You might have heard things like "why are you trying to KILL ME??", or "I CAN'T BREATH!!!"
or at any time during the 15 minutes you could have heard HAIR RAISING SCREAMS!
All of which were coupled by me telling her to "just pull the tooth out!"

I sat calmly on the edge of the tub waiting for her to yank the string and hoping I wasn't going to be the one to do it.
Finally I decided to BRUSH her tooth.
I was able to convince her to push it with her tongue while I brushed it so she would not swallow it and it was hanging BACKWARDS in her mouth.
She finally pulled that tooth out and she now has the best smile ever!

I bet she eats 4 bowls of cereal in the morning and I will no longer have to cut her food into infant sized pieces!
AMEN!

Now where is that TOOTH FAIRY?.....She wants her money!


1 comment:

**** April **** said...

OMG that is the funniest thing I've ever read! LOL... I can just imagine the drama that unfolded.