3.24.2009

AMEN ....the TREE is GONE GONE GONE!

I am just SO excited I had to blog it.
Saturday March 21st I took down the CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

I know what you are thinking if this is the first you are hearing of my craziness. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER?

*******Read previous blogs to get a clue of the nightmare that has been my daily existence.

I will add a rundown of the lastest and greatest adventures that I can remember since January:

1. The ghost continues to annoy me. The shadows are getting a little mind numbing, the thump noises in the middle of the night are freaky and weird things that I still put up with are happening weekly.
The priest is coming soon!

2. I think I have active termites after all. They are coming this week to check it out AGAIN.

3. School started (for me and the girls) and we have huge projects and presentations due every week.

4. Thorin was having breathing problems (thought it was her heart or lungs)....still no idea why!

5. (Ok...there is always something with Sorenna)....but she showed me a HOLE in her thigh on Saturday morning....something bit her or put something IN her...but she had an infection at that point that ALMOST required surgery! (still might need it, but meds and prayer might work!!!???)

Those are the ones I can remember, as my brain has turned into an action oriented place. One thing after another and I have a fog in my head.

As you can see I haven't had much of a moment to focus on the tree and when I finally did think about it I REFUSED to spend my one free moment stressing about that stuff.
It had become a badge of humor. I almost had a tree disassembly party, but didn't have the time for that either.

I would rather spend the days that were free with my kids on hikes and walks. I think that means I have my priorities straight. I have the ability to turn OFF the "A" personality traits and enjoy life a bit more. YIPPEE!

SO, back to the tree. Even though I joked that the tree would still be up for Robert's R&R in August, I decided that the tree had to go before Easter. I was already shocked that I celebrated the start of LENT with a Christmas tree, but EASTER was a no-go!
Celebrating the birth and death of Christ in one house would be strange.

This morning I transfered the boxes to the back storage room and there is a huge weight off my shoulders. I decorated the "art" room with some frames and moved some stuff.
I LOVE THAT ROOM!
I hope that this will give me a fresh start on the new year and stop the craziness.....MAYBE?

No comments: