3.24.2009

JUMBO GECKOS

Today Thorin went near the mailbox and a GIANT GECKO ran out. She freaked out a little because she was surprised. But after he came out of the box she was so excited. All the girls ran up and talked to it and they were happy to see a really big "pet" in our yard. We have lost a few inside pets lately and the girls were starting to think the geckos had all left. This was a nice treat.
This is the biggest one we have seen. I am sort of glad he is OUTSIDE. Being this big means there are tons of bugs. I am glad only little geckos have enough food in my house.

I really love these little guys. At first when my friends in California told me there would be geckos running on the walls and I would be happy about it, I have to admit...I was not thinking I would be!

I think they are so cool and the girls have named them. We lost Rose (that one died in the laundry room).
Flower is missing. She was the one over my bed. I think she had a crush on Robert because she left after he did.
I have seen a few petrified babies (about an inch long), but there are still gecko sounds (echoing clicking chirp) coming from inside the house so I know there a few left.
I love the color of this Big guy. He is neat. I was glad he stayed long enough for a few photos.
I wanted to share what "pets" the girls are playing with in Hawaii.

Here he is behind the mailbox. He is really big.








No comments: