8.19.2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.....!!!

Ok, it just so happened that the CURSE of the final exam fell on the day before my birthday.
As in true form...I had a very UNLUCKY day.
My first final exam....MISSED it because of flood waters in Wahiawa. There were NO floods or ill effects in downtown and my instructor ALMOST didn't believe me (until he checked the weather website).....(YES HE CHECKED IT!!)....we had 12 inches of rain in an hour.

I was allowed to do my final speech in a cubicle.
The next set of finals, same stuff. The computer got a virus and I was frantically printing my final on a substandard printer and emailing it to him just in case it was NOT good enough.

SO, it was finals day....I was doing great. I was out the door early, paper was LONGer than expected and the final was something we could NOT study for....we just had to know it.
I think I was knew most of what the class was about.

SO, there I was in traffic, STOPPED completely in the bumper to bumper gridlock from several wrecks when BAM!!!!
I was hit from behind. WHERE did he come from to get enough speed to actually LOCK MY SEATBEAT and throw be forward???
I was COMPLETELY stopped in traffic...no place to go and for sure no place to go FAST???
SO, I have a very nice license plate impression in my bumper....was LATE to the final (timed of course).
I am extremely worried about the final results of my grade....and NOW my car!
So,..what was going to be a great day to wake up to...I am grateful to be waking up, but not as relieved as I would have been had I NOT been hit!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

PJ said...

But you forgot your BEST birthday present! LTC Ropspieere was home!