5.26.2009

Here piggy piggy piggy!!!

Our last few weeks have been a roller coaster of crazy! I thought I would explain all the fun we have had, but thought I would throw in drama first.
Much like the spring break fiasco....we were taken out of the fun again.
The last weekend of spring break, the one we had built up for....we were going to the beach with our FRG group. Cannon got sick on the floor and I ended up bleaching the entire house and the floors.
Well, we were set to go to the beach again. We were in charge of the coolers and snacks....ready to go, we all woke up early to get ready. Sorenna woke up coughing. Her temperature was 102.8. OUCH!
So, cancel another beach trip. We live on an island and have not touched the ocean since OCTOBER 2008.
Ok, so we are home all day with coughing fever girl. Later that night she woke up talking about the "people coming to get her" and the "playground that she can't climb"????
She was hallucinating!!! I rushed her to the ER with 104.8 fever after a cold bath. I was scared that something was crazy in her body and her fever was still going up.
We got to the hospital, had a blood test, urine test, Xrays, and still nothing.
THEN the nose swab (to test for the flu) and the IV fluids.
So we arrived home Sunday morning in time to send my friend to church. Sorenna BROKE the crazy fever on Sunday night.
WE were quarantined until Thursday morning waiting to hear if we were case #22 on the island for the swine flu!
That was NUTS! People were scared to talk to me outside.....they just KNEW I was going to kill them. We felt like we had an incurable disease.
So, we survived another FLU in the family. It was the regular version and the doctor said the reason hers was so short and powerful was because she had her shot. Many of the kids were sick for weeks (like Thorin when she was 2), and some were close to death. I am SO happy we had our shots!

No comments: