5.26.2009

Camp ERDMAN Day 2


Well, here we are Saturday morning ready to get started on the fun!

There were 9 kids in our cabin and 3 moms with husbands deployed and we all had a great night. My girls did activities while I was doing a crazy ropes course. Thorin went to a military "speak out" to tell what it is like to be a military kid. Thorin made a video to tell it like it is, the good, the bad and ugly! Sorenna and Cannon went to build sand castles and loved being at the beach...FINALLY!
CRAZY obstacle course! In the process of learning teamwork, we also learned that ropes shift and our ropes took us crashing into a wooden platform. One girl went to the hospital and I went to the TOP rope course to finish the obstacles. My leg is a little banged up, but didn't slow me down a bit.
After that fun I met up with the girls at the craft center and we geared up for our next event together.


We had a great cabin with a cute porch and a great breeze. We took a small break and then headed to the ALPINE TOWER. This is a huge climbing adventure. It is 45 feet high at least. I was so impressed with my girls. Sorenna made it about 2/3 up the tower. Thorin was AWESOME. She made it all the way up the tower and yelled down how beautiful it was up there.




















That little spot on top of the tower is Thorin!
I went up this crazy thing too. I hurt my leg a little more, but I had to see what Thorin was talking about.











After tackling the tower we headed out for a hike. It was suppose to be 20 people, but we were the only ones who showed up. We had the VIP tour. IT was a very rocky hike, but Cannon was a trooper. She fell a few times and just dusted off and kept climbing. She made it through the spiders, ants, high cliffs and avoided the wild turkey too.
The view was really beautiful. We got a group photo at the top. The grass was really tall and thick, but my girls had a great time.
















At the end of the day....we rested so we could gear up for the CAMPFIRE! That was something I had not done in forever! I didn't realize how much I LOVE FIRE! I really loved the skits, songs, warmth and bonding. I always loved having a campfire when I was a girl scout and my girls have never been camping or near a huge fire. They loved it. We are still singing campfire songs 4 days later. This was the best experience as a family. We really needed this after all the busy months we have had. It was wonderful. We really missed Robert, but the girls needed to just have some fun kid time.

No comments: