4.11.2009

Goodnight Moon

After an interview on Monday (and a presentation in MY class), 2 back-to-back egg hunt days and the crazy "disney" adventure, the fun never ends.
I volunteered to go on a field trip with Sorenna and Thursday was the day. We went to see "Goodnight Moon".
I know what you are thinking, "How can they have a play based on a book that takes 2 minutes to read (if you are two!)?
Let me tell you, it was really well done and so fun. I was shocked and impressed by the entire play. The stage was just like the book, the characters were fun and the singing was good!
I wish I could have taped some so you could all see how it was done. You have to see it to believe it.
The play was in downtown Honolulu so the kids got to see downtown and Sorenna loved seeing my building that I would be in later that night. Sorenna has so many friends and some "boy" friends. Just friends!
Her best friend is a brown-eyed version of herself. They are so much alike. They started school with the same two teeth missing. They have so much fun together. When Sorenna was gone during the funeral week, Reece (that is her name) was worried she would never see her again and cried for days. Her mom was so happy when we returned to class. The funeral was the first time Sorenna had missed a day in 2 years.
Living in Hawaii has its advantages. We went to eat our sack lunches in a park......ON THE BEACH!

It was fun to watch surfers while we inhaled our sandwiches. We had a great day.















No comments: