4.11.2009

BUNNY EARS & EGGS

Bunny ears are so cute, but never as cute as when they are on a really fabulous girl.
These days it seems like school is more about numbers and producing and very little fun and parties. I know some parents are put out by a lot of parties, but we have gone to the extreme of forbidding them.
I wanted Cannon to have the same fun adventures that her sisters had in California, so as the old saying goes, if you want it done (right) you have to do it yourself.
I had to put in a PROPOSAL to do the party!
There could be NO candy; only sticker and CHOKING HAZARDS. I found that very funny. The supervisor actually told me that no choking hazards were permitted and I thought..."HELLO, anything that can fit in an EGG is a hazard..right" can I hear an AMEN?
So I got permission, made a list for parents to bring things in and then stuffed TOO many eggs for the best little preschool adventure. All the parents were happy and impressed. They all thanked me and the kids had a blast. The teachers even hugged me. The best part of the painful ordeal leading to the party was the beautiful smile on my little "bunny".

On a side note: I loved these ears. Cannon spent a long time making sure she colored every inch. I especially loved the fact that they blew up in the wind and looked like the donkey in Pinocchio.
The floppy ear look is her best.




1 comment:

**** April **** said...

Drew's class made ears to -- in the future if you ever want to... two things will make them stand up. 1) pink pipe cleaners woven through the center. They did taht last year and 2) this year they made them REALLY wide at the base--- still look adorable and stood up great. :)