9.05.2008

The sounds of Hawaii

I have wanted to write about some of the sounds of Hawaii but just haven't been near my computer when I thought about it.
Tonight as I sit here cleaning the office of clutter and posting about the girls I realized it was once again 11pm (2300 hours). At that time every night you can hear TAPS echoing through the winds. I was told that every army post does that and for our 5 years in California it was a nightly ritual. I can only assume that I never heard it because I was closed up tight in my home and was too far to hear it through the walls.
Hawaii is a different world. The windows are open every night. The sounds of geckos chirping and bugs clicking are louder than I thought. The cool air feels great and being able to see the world and hear it while doing daily chores is somewhat peaceful.
But when most people are in bed or heading that way, I am peacefully enjoying the sounds of paradise.

No comments: