5.31.2011

Thorin turned 10

My baby girl turned 10. I am shocked that I have a 10 year old. Shocked that GOD blessed me with the goal of raising a sweet girl such as Thorin. I am truly lucky to have such a fun job.
Thorin has been amazing for all her life. She slept for 12 hours at a time when she was a baby. She did things early, always grew bigger sooner and made me so happy to be a mom.
At 2 she was bright. Talking and discussing things that many 4 year olds were not interested in and I never knew what to expect next. I still don't. Sometimes I feel like the kid because she is succeeding at things so quickly and I am learning so much from her. She says that I am her inspiration but I really love the person that she is becoming.
In just a short 10 years she has done so much with herself. She inspires others to do better and try harder. When she was 5 and ran her first 5K people started walking and exercizing.
When she was 7 people were amazed at her generous nature and started doing more for others.
She interviewed her grandmother just months before her death and gifted a tape of that interview to the family. She was so kind and patient during the questions. She really wanted to know more.
When she was 8 she amazed a Pearl Harbor Survivor with her personal questions and understanding of the event. He kept asking if she was only in 3rd grade and was this how all 3rd graders were now?....they were not.
Now at 10 she has been an alter server almost every week for the past year and CRAVES to serve in some way. It is not an obligation, in fact I would prefer she take a break some weeks, but she loves it.
If it is a requirement it really isn't a service. I am very proud of her.
Thanks be to GOD!

No comments: