8.07.2010

SUMMER SCHOOL

The summer started with a committment to do FUN things every week. Have shaved ice every weekend, go to the beach, have dates with daddy, go to places we have never been and just ENJOY being.....PERIOD....just being! NO dance, NO school, NO appointments, meetings or BUSYness! The only thing scheduled were the 2 nights I had to go to class each week. That is the main reason the BLOG sat for 2 months untouched.
Here are some of the "fieldtrip" photo assignments I had during our adventures.
I have really enjoyed the PHOTOjournalism class. I wish there were more classes like this one. The other class is on LIEs and DECEPTion......We discuss the various ways and places people deceive us all. Food industry, medical professional, entertainment industry and so many more. The most interesting discussion for me so far has been the one on EYE witness testimony. Our brain is very complex and it willingly deceives us every day. MORE on that later!
The best part of my photojournalism class has been the challenging "beat assignments", the software introductions and seeing others work through the photos. We show the SINGLE slides in class and we learn so much from what people present. I miss the news room sooooo much!

The hardest thing in this class (other than searching for the perfect MOMENT to take a photo) has been the AUDIO slide show!
WHO would have thought I would have audio in a PHOTO class...not me!
Now that I mastered the audio slide show concept....be looking for some of that on the blog. In fact, watch the one I turned in for the assignment. I had to interview and photograph ONE person doing a cool job or hobby and relay why it was cool in 2 MINUTES!!!
There was a lot of clipping, pasting, overlapping music with interview clips! I really like what turned out to be...but 2 minutes is not a lot of time. I have A HUGE admiration for people who MAKE the movie we see in theaters. They have to have a concept, VISUALIZE it and then clip it just right to make it all work. MAN....NO WAY!
Enjoy some of my fun photo assignments and video.























No comments: