10.07.2009

Adventures in Sewer girl....and BEYOND!!!!!

Ok, last week I had an adventure that was very interesting so I posted on Facebook. I thought it warranted a repeat HERE on my BLOG!
The funny thing about the note below...it wasn't the last adventure.
You would think that NOTHING more could happen during ONE deployment...Please don't say that outloud, because somehow JETHRO (yes, the ghost is back) can hear you!
Last night I went to turn on my light in the living room and a LOUD POP, a flash of light, some sizzle sounds and a few sparks came all at once.
FREAKED MY BUTT OUT!

So, once again ...I am trying to detail the list of things that might have led to that.
Needless to say, the electrician RIGGED the fan to disable the light and therefore keeping my house from burning down in the RUMORED 7 MINUTES!

If you are wanting to laugh...or just document the torture of my deployment rule (if anything can go wrong, it will wait until deployment)...READ ON!

********************************************************************************


Has anyone ever wondered WHY, after putting such an effort into figuring out what could possibly be wrong with any given situation, people ignore SUCH found truths?

Let me explain. When we have a sick child and there is really NO reason for such sickness, we mull over the reason. Did she eat something strange, did we go somewhere new, did she get BIT by a gopher (oops...that one only happens to my kids).... So anyway, do you ever wonder why after hours of thinking it over, and FINDING the culprit, that the nurses, doctors, ....even friends IGNORE you because you are not certified to figure it out. It couldn't be that you are closest to the situation and care enough to get it over with!!??

Ok, so here I am last Sunday, once again running to rescue my sweet girls from a flooding toilet and to halt the panic stricken cries of my girls because of said toilet. I have heard many cried for help. I am almost numb to them. Many times I come around the corner to hear the toilet flushing and the water flowing down and ask...WHY am I here to rescue you? It is just that the toilet NEVER flushes properly for an entire day. So, again, I was saving my kids from the toilet monster and was almost thinking I would round the corner to a perfectly fine sound of toilet finale'.....BUT no...this time was really different. Not only did the thing NOT flush, there was a FLOOD leading into the hallway and water still flowing. After using every clean towel in sight, turning off the water flow and rushing my girls to church-school, I came back to figure out the reason for the overflow. After 2 after-hours sewer calls, many hours of labor, several phone calls and NO toilet for 4 days....it was over!

I had said it was more than just the one toilet that was the problem. I SAID it was something with the main line under my house. ....it had to be. How else could you explain the fact that water draining from the BATHTUB caused BUBBLES to make BLOOP BLOOP noises in the toilet??? Also, toilet paper OUTSIDE the house directly under the bathroom window would alert even the DENSEST of people to the fact that toilet water was somehow flowing OUTSIDE?? So, after arguing this point, brainstorming and continued calls.....I had my toilet replaced, the sewer pipe removed and odd things PUSHED out of the sewer pipe. There was possibly a tree growing through the sewer pipe, or maybe a small animal by all the work he put into clearing it!!! So, for the first time in a YEAR, the water in the toilet goes DOWN, instead of rushing up to finally flush down. This little drama (that took most of a week) might have been a blessing. It might be the end of the toilet monster FOREVER!!!
I can dream can't I??????

No comments: